Saturday, November 15, 2008

Feelin Guilty

I have moaned and complained about Deric being sick..and even threw myself a pity party :(
Of course I am not proud of my whining...and so this post is to update everyone on Deric and officially call an end to my pity party :)
Deric is not doing any better, or any worse....and was told to get a CT scan...which he has refused to do (thus earning him the title of "Worlds Most Stubborn Husband") He has Diverticulitis and the infection has spread to his bladder..and since he hasn't gotten better with treatment (2 different antibiotics, liquid diet and rest~ish) the doctor is concerned that he is at risk for rupture or infect his appendix and would require surgery, or cause him to become septic and possibly result in death. The doctor wanted me to know the risks and to get Deric to understand what he is dealing with, and that it IS serious stuff. I have been bugging Deric to please understand that this is serious and to please get the CT scan done, but I can't get him to budge....So I just hope he gets better and not worse. He has had this infection 3? times before, and has gotten better each time, but not this time (yet)
I have felt so bad for him, and so frustrated at the same time...this is not fun at all and it is going on a week now.
Please say a little prayer for him....I know it will help him :) He really doesn't feel good.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

We'll pray for him. I'm sorry that is scary. Hope he gets feeling better :)

Bethie said...

I will keep him in my thoughts-- I hope he gets better quickly