Keeping up with 4 kids gets busy....and everyonce in a while the kids do something that makes me say "WOW...when did they start doing that?"
Porter has picked up some songs...NOT little kid songs either! I heard him going around singing "Apple bottom jean jeans...boots with the fur...with the fur..the whole gangs lookin at her...she hit the floor..she hit the floor...she got LOW Low low low low...." and I have NO IDEA what that song is called but he knows the WHOLE song!!! Then...I heard him in his room with Hannah singing the song "Hot or Cold" by Katy Perry....these are NOT songs I would expect to hear my 4 year old boy singing....it is kinda cute and funny...and a tad bit shocking too!
So u can imagine how good I felt when he came home from pre-school and by memory recited the poem "Little Jack Horner"!!! Yeah! A nursery rhyme :) His version was....."Little Jack Horner sat in a corner (pointing to the corner), eating his Christmas Pie (rubbing his tummy), he stuck in his thumb and pulled out a THUMB (sticking his thumb in and out of the "pie"), and said what a good boy am I" (pointing at himself)
I LOVED the actions, but I cannot convince him that Jack pulled out a PLUM....lol....
My little man then heard us singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" TWICE and now knows the entire song :)
He has a really good memory!!! I love to hear him "reason" and come up with an explanation of why we did (or did not do) something....He is growing up and quickly becoming a big boy...and not so much a toddler anymore :)
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment