Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas!

We were on our way out the door to go see Santa at the mall....and apparently I was feeling pretty darn brave.....don't I look like I am ready to fight for a parking spot...or go with 4 kids to the mall 2 days before Christmas with NO stroller...with my back KILLING me? YES..YES I DO!



Porter is soooo excited to go see Santa....he would like Santa to bring him a Motorscooter :)


Hannah is also wanting to see Santa....for the first time this year! She wants an Electric Razor Scooter that is PINK!

Mikayla is just darn excited that Mom is willing to take her to the mall....she didn't even complain that all the siblings were coming along! Her Christmas wish is for a PINK I~POD!




Tyson would rather be working on his snow cave...out in the backyard...but he is a good sport and even put on a red shirt...just because I asked him to!!! He is wishing for a Paintball Gun :)
Wow....if I had ANY idea what I was getting myself into today....it was NUTS out there! We took 35 minutes to get from PG to Orem....and then spent another 30 minutes trying to find a parking spot! We had a great time for the first few hours...and I added two more sets of S&P shakers to my collection! For lunch we had pretzel bites and I even splurged on "fancy" cups for the drinks....we found some good deals on stuff we didn't need....and got a Christmas ornament with our names on it :) Then....we played at the tree....and it was fun, as long as I let Porter play on the tree....but when it was time to go, HOLY COW....fun was offically over :( He found it in himself to throw a HUGE fit (one that actually had ME thinking I would resort to spanking him in public...2 days before Christmas....anyone who knows me... knows that I am NOT an advocate of spanking) I can't pick him up, or have him pull on me (i injured my back...again) and he weighs 56 freakin pounds....the kids tried thier darndest to help me...but to no avail....I sure wish we would have skipped the tree :(
When we finally got away from the tree....we picked out a suprise for Deric and then headed to go see Santa....but when we got there they said we couldn't see Santa...that he was just too busy today (he was sitting there in his huge comfy chair....geez...like HE has any work to do....the ELVES and MRS CLAUS do it all anyway!!!) So I left with 2 very disappointed children!
I should have had the kids sit on his lap when we saw him at lunch....but, NO, I am too darn nice and I let dear old St. Nick...EAT!
Seriously....I am soooo excited for Christmas...and I know the kids are too....please, anyone who reads this....PRAY...PRAY....PRAY..for me to have *PATIENCE* with my children...and PRAY for them to *OBEY* me the first, time....you know...the time I ask *NICELY*
They really have been good Santa....all year long....with all my heart and soul, I ask that you bring them what they have wished for.....but please bring me a HUGE helping of patience...so that we can TRULY have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

Rands Family said...

sounds like you has a fun time at the mall.