Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween (I think it is frightening that October is already over)


Holy Cow....the month of October is over...or will be in an hour or so!!! (that one is for my kids....who when I say just a sec...and they say, it's been a sec)
I am exhausted.....to say the least!!! I can't say I was the nicest Mom today, or yesterday either..this time of year it is okay to be a witch....right? (kidding)
I call it PMS + Kids who don't listen = Mean Mom :( I am certainly not proud of my lack of patience...but sometimes I really wonder if they have it out for me) If they only knew how much work and thought is put into making their costume dreams come true....making sure we don't have the lamest treats on the block....and making the house look "spooktakular".....not to mention making it to all of the school and church activities!!!
Now, don't get me wrong...I LOVE to do all of these things!!! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I LOVE getting to do things with the kids....a little thanks would be nice...

TO MY OWN MOTHER....WHO RAISED 6 OF US KIDS....THANKYOU!!!!
Thankyou for MAKING our costumes, finding us the perfect plastic costume complete with mask, so that we could live just for a day as a princess, a clown, a witch..and whatever else we could dream up! Thankyou for taking us trick or treating..all OVER town...door to door...helping in our classes at school...thankyou for keeping all of our Halloween decorations that we made in elementary school....thanks for decorating the house and carving pumpkins with us and keeping us safe by looking through our candy, and taking us to family halloween parties!!!

Just when think it is my KIDS who change their minds (or just can't make a decision)...I was having a hard time deciding what I should be!!! I should have just been a nice mom....but instead I ended up choosing between my corpse bride costume from last year....a hippie costume i picked up at wal-mart....and the BYU sweatshirt I grabbed at Walgreens....
My corpse bride costume was too big (wahoo)...the hippie costume was too small (boo hoo)....and the BYU sweatshirt was just right...i was transformed into a BYU fan complete with ponytail and ribbons and glitter...EVERYWHERE (i admit, I didn't think the glitter thing through)....

Tyson and Mikayla went to their friends houses..and watched SCARY movies....each of them came home and said they were NOT sleeping by themselves..lol
Since they are sitting here with me (cuz they are scared witless) I thought it would be fun to ask them what they thought of today....
Tyson says "Today was pretty fun" (typical teenage answer) to which I say...."be specific" and he says "it was really fun to go scare people over at Jake's Aunt and Uncles house"....and is STILL telling me the story as I type...lol (it is so funny to follow up with them and get more details that go on and on and on)
Mikayla says " I thought it was really fun, I liked going trick or treating at Racheals house, I got candy...I'm too tired to talk anymore"

2 comments:

Bethie said...

I love all of the costumes!!! Halloween is definately my favorite holiday:)

Shannon said...

Amen to the tribute to your mom. As mothers now we are certainly learning that our moms did not just a ton for us... but EVERYTHING for us.