Saturday, February 14, 2009

Head Over Heels...In LOVE

I love this picture of the two of us...we are cracking up because he grabbed my behind as Kelli was taking the picture....
Since it is Valentines Day..and I am feeling kinda mushy...I am gonna list a few things that I love about my Sweetheart of nearly 19 years...
#1 I love that he says thankyou for dinner....every single night!
#2 He LOVES me....he knows EVERYTHING about me...and STILL loves me
#3 I love that he has hobbies of his own...Hunting, Snowmobling, and a little Vegas....lol
#4 He laughs at my jokes....he should though! They are dang funny!
#5 I love that when he comes home and the house is a mess...he doesn't say a word
#6 I love that after 4 kids...he still can't keep his hands off of me....he has NO idea how good that makes me feel! He makes me feel attractive....sexy...and wanted
#7 I love that he works hard (and smart) for his family, and himself....he made it a priority to get us out of debt after a very hard 3 year trial in our lives...and I am proud of him for it!
#8 I can trust him...that is PRICELESS
#9 He is smart....he retains an amazing amount of information! But of course..sometimes all that info crowds out a few things that I want him to remember ;)
#10 I love it when he tells me I look good...I know he means it when he says it :)
#11 Deric is honest...and he stands up for what he knows is right
#12 I love that he gets me a Coke every day...
#13 He has the patience of JOB when it comes to ME...gotta LOVE him for THAT!
#14 I love that he has seen me at my worst...and focuses on my best
#15 I love that we can laugh together...have fun together....and talk about anything

I am very blessed to have him in my life...We aren't perfect...but we have grown alot and learned alot about eachother (and ourselves) over the years and the best part is that we are Happy!
Happy Valentines Day Sweetie! I love YOU!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

That is so sweet and sincere... it brought tears to my eyes. I remember when you and Derek were first together. Such a cute couple then and now. I am so happy that you found a man worthy to spend an eternity with you. Has it really been nearly 19 years?

Hope your Valentine's day was perfect!

Bethie said...

that was very sweet!!! congrats on 19 years. wow!!!

Annie Jane said...

What an wonderful post. Deric is lucky to have you and knows it, I am sure. I remember when you guys got married. I was still a little girl. I thought you were so beautiful! Have you kept your hair long the whole time you have been married?

The Shelley Family said...

No I haven't kept my hair long the whole time...much to Deric's dismay...I cut it in a maternal moment of craziness. (ya know when u find out u are pregnant and ya hack your hair into a ridiculous bob?)
And of course I had to have "Jennifer Aniston" hair...as about half the country also did.lol

Jennifer Ortiz said...

This is a nice post. You two seem very happy.