Yesterday I gave in and took the kids to Classic Skating in Orem....Porter took his scooter (for as coordinated as that kid is...he hasn't managed skates YET) and the kids all rented some skates....when we got there the place was practically empty~it was great!
The reason I am actually blogging this, is because.............I SKATED!!!
I was watching the kids...and they were having a blast...and I sat there and thought to myself that I USED to really enjoy skating....and that it might be fun to try it again! (i was worried about falling and getting hurt though...I mean its been 25 years at LEAST since I have done this)
(and its kinda fun to shock the heck out of the kids once in a while...lol...)
You should've seen their faces :) it was TOTALLY worth it! lol....but what really touched my heart was that instead of being embarrassed of me...Mikayla let me hang on to her until I was a little more sure of myself.....and then Hannah joined us...and we skated hand in hand around the rink for a while....it was a wonderful moment for me!
I wish I would have remembered to bring my camera! We just might have to go back...and do it all over again...maybe this time Deric will come...? lol
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's awesome! At least someone in the family is coordinated! My idea of skating is scooting along the edge hoping no one plows me over. Pretty soon you are going to show your kids up with those awesome bike tricks you used to do!
That's fun!! It would have been fun to watch. I bet that is a day they'll remember for awhile.
Let's hear it for mom! I bet your girls will long remember that too. Classic skating... oh those were the days.
next time you definately need to bring your camera!!! I think that it is so cute that they came up and held your hand !! what cute girls:)
Post a Comment