Saturday, February 7, 2009

All These Lists Got Me Thinkin

I have a few things that bug me....mostly TYPES of people that bug me....
#1 Fake People....why is it so hard to just be yourself?
#2 Mom's who are always looking for something to be wrong with their child...some kids are just quirky...and every kid goes through silly stages...not everything needs to be diagnosed and medicated (i do understand that early diagnosis and interventions help alot of people but c'mon)
#3 Women who talk "fake"...I know it when I hear it...and it drives me batty!
#4 I can't stand it when someone actually says OUT LOUD that they have life "figured out" and are actually praying for a new challenge in their life....they feel a need to "grow" some more...
(to me...that means you already have some issues to work on...like PRIDE...for starters)
#5 Young parents who think that their infant-4ish year old isn't learning enough....getting enough experiences in life...involved in enough extra activities...all this stuff is learned over the course of childhood....it is possible to OVERSTIMULATE your child...and STRESS them out....RELAX and just enjoy them being little...they will grow up and develop interests soon enough...
#6 Parents of infants who think that they have "parenting" down pat...quick reality check...."parenting" is EASY when the kid stays in one place...and cant talk....I understand it is a "stage of life thing"...but dang it is annoying!
#7 People who dont HAVE kids....thinking they know how to raise children....YOU havent got a clue in hell....you cant know it...till you do it...everything works in theory ;)
#8 People who aspire to a calling in the church...or who think it is a status symbol
#9 Women who don't acknowlege just how hard it can be to be a woman....or just how great it is also....no wonder we have unrealistic expectations sometimes
#10 Women who think that because they cant have kids....that somehow their children are wanted more than mine....
WOW....it feels good to get THAT off my Chest....lol

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I agree. I think many people just simply haven't opened thier eyes enough to realize what they are saying to others. I do think about what they say as a thought-provoking, status check thing for myself. Most of the time I toss it out and realize I am doing the best I can with what I have and know. We all have things to learn from eachother and indeed our lives are very different. I appreciate your rant. I am just about to post one of my own about the comments I get about having three boys!

The Shelley Family said...

After I posted this rant..I am the type who DOES figure that everyone is in different stages in their life..and that once they experience more that thier perspective will grow and change...and that MOST everyone is doing the best they can at the time...but sometimes I just have to vent...lol...
Please do post one!!! Even if it is just to me...:)

Bethie said...

I totally agree!! I couldn't have said it better myself!!

Amie said...

I want to know what happened to spur on your list! You can email it to me if you don't want to post it! :)

The Shelley Family said...

Amie...this stuff has bugged me for a long time...and after listening to a lady at the airport, a group of women at Rumbi, plus reading a blog of a woman I don't even know...it sparked this venting post
I have since thought of a few more...