This is our kitty Aka (ahhhh khaaaa) when she was a kitten =) Hannah went to Wal-Mart with her friends and came back with this kitten! She called and got permission first and I reluctantly gave in. The person giving away the kittens told her that if she didnt take it that they would let it loose in the forest...which is more than Hannah (and I) could bear! (I wanna smack them for telling her that!)
After we lived through the "stalking" stage she has turned out to be a good kitty. She now has 5 kittens of her own! I will post pics of them when I can get them to hold still long enough!
I love that my kids arent afraid of animals...we had to convince the kids that the kitty would be just fine alone on the deck...Porter tried to have a sleepover with the kitten, but I put the kabosh on that idea.
After much convincing and downright begging....the kitty was allowed to come inside and sleep with the kids. And....the SHOCKER of SHOCKERS was that Deric warmed right up to this little kitty! (up until this point he has hated cats)
I swore I would never EVER never have an indoor cat...its amazing what kids can do to ya! if ANYONE wants a kitten...please let me know! They are ready to GO to new loving homes!

2 comments:
Oh! I love kittens, they are so cute. Your cat looks darling. I admire from a distance though, I am allergic and so are two of my kids.
I can't believe that lady told her she'd let it loose in the forrest. How awful of her to put that on her shoulders!
that is how I ended up bringing home our cat, when I was in 5th grade- a boy said that he was going to put it in the field to see how long it would take to die- needless to say I saved it and took it home. My dad was not very happy:)
after telling us all that NO WAY could we keep the cat, he came home to find the cat gone, little did he know that my mom had taken him in to be neutered and declawed. lets just say that he really was not happy:)
I am glad that you all enjoy her, she is very cute!!
Post a Comment