Wednesday, May 5, 2010

16 Years Ago

Nearly 16 years ago I was about to become a mom. I thought it would be fun to read in my journal what I was thinking/doing in the days before I gave birth to Tyson.
I was 21 years old and one week overdue. My due date was May 3.
May 3, 1994
Today is Elaine's 50th Birthday (Deric's mom) and my due date, but still no baby! At my doctor visit I weighed 137lbs and measured 35 1/2 cm. I am dialated at a 2. I wish the baby would come. I feel awful. My doctor has me scheduled to be induced May 10th unless I have this baby before then. I am hoping to be a mom before Mother's Day!
May 7, 1994
We went to Fairview today. Deric and Troy bought a white horse trailer. Our girl cow died today. What a waste of 310 bucks.
May 8, 1994
Well, Its Mother's Day and I am STILL pregnant!!! I didnt feel too good, so we stayed home from church. Deric has been teasing me that since I am not a mom yet, that I wont get anything for Mother's Day. When I came out of the shower he had set up a glider rocking chair for ME! I almost started to cry!
We went to Grandma Bezzant's for lunch and for dinner we went with our friends, Todd and Cindy, to Chili's for dinner. They gave me a mother-to-be card.
May 9, 1994
(41 weeks) Today was busy. I cleaned the house until I had NOTHING else to clean, I cleaned the SCI work office in Provo, mowed the lawn, ran TONZ of errands, picked Deric up from work and went to my doctor's appt. I weigh 135 lbs and measure 35 1/2 cm. Tomorrow is THE DAY!!! I packed my stuff, and stuff for the baby, this all doesnt seem real. We stayed up till 12:30am talking about the big change that is about to happen in our lives, and I am scared to death! We have to be at the hospital at 7am tomorrow morning.

(ok....now back to 2010)

I remember those days like they JUST HAPPENED!

2 comments:

Sara said...

AHHH! Cute story.

Shannon said...

I love reading that journal entry! I kept a journal too when I was expecting Sam, I'll have to look at it now. Can you believe it felt like you'd never have him and now he's 16?!