My heart sunk yesterday when we were told that our oldest son, Tyson was hit by a truck on his way to school. (he rides his bike)
We left our house and headed to the ER....as fast as we could. It was the longest 5 minutes of my life!!!
It seemed like a bad dream...and I didnt know how injured he was.
My heart broke thinking that he was hurt, scared and alone.
When we finally got to ER he was crying and complaining that his shoulder hurt. He had a HUGE bump on his head and a scrape on his face.
After some xrays and a CT scan we learned that he had broken his collar bone and fractured his skull, and also an orbital fracture (the bone above his eye). There was concern that fluid from his brain could leak into his sinus, or that infection could get in through the skull fracture and they nearly admitted him. We will be consulting a neurosurgeon on April 20th. (dont worry...its just to check to make sure things are healing well)
We were able to take him home...and watch him closely for any signs of trouble.
It hit me hard esp after we got him home that things could have been so much worse. A boy on a bike is no match for a full sized truck. Tyson was upset by the fact that he could have lost his life that day.
We are so thankful to have Tyson home with us...and that for the most part he is OK.
Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers...and goodies for Tyson! He has the best friends and family EVER! We love Tyson SO much!!! I cant even explain how many thoughts went through my head that day...I am so thankful to Heavenly Father for watching over Tyson! The boy who hit him needs some prayers too...he is having a hard time with all of this. I am also thankful to the ER docs/nurses and the EMT who stopped to help Tyson and the PG Police Dept/Firefighters/Paramedics who helped him!
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm so sorry!!! That must have been HORRIBLE! I can't imagine the fear. I'm sure it still is horrible to deal with. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he gets feeling better soon.
Oh Karen! Poor Tyson. What a shocking ordeal. I am so thankful too that Tyson was so lucky that day. The breaks will heal, and thankfully you can continue to watch and enjoy your young man grow and live. I'll keep him in my prayers as he heals... and I'll remember his mom too!
Love you!
Whoa....that definantly gives me some perspective on how life can change in an instant. I am so grateful and happy for you that he will be okay. Angels must have been there.
Dustin told me about this the other day. Man, I am SOOOOO sorry! I hope Tyson will heal quickly and without complications! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
oh my!!! oh how scary,
i am glad that he is okay. no more car accidents for your family. 2 in a week?
Post a Comment