Lucky me...I have 2 teenagers. Ty is almost 16 (ahhh) Mikayla is 13 going on 17.... (shhh...dont tell her I said that)
We have entered the ZONE.
Ya know....the ZONE where suddenly I am not as smart as I THOUGHT I was...the ZONE of changing, sqeaky, unfamiliar voices...of occasional slamming doors...and even the dreaded I HATE YOU's have been uttered in this house.
Dont get me wrong! I LOVE my teens..and for the most part they are soooo good! They have good friends..good activities...and it was only recently that we actually saw first hand that SOMETHING changes that turns a sweet kid into (gasp) a TEENAGER.
If the emotions in this house each had a color...we would have a freakin rainbow!
Heaven help me stay..cool..calm..and collected during these next few minutes (you thought I was gonna say years -huh-)
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sorry. I have no advise...but ask my Mom. My WONDERFUL Mother had 5 (that's right FIVE!) teens at one time. I was 18, Kara 17, Julie 16, Leslie 14, and Jaymie 13! I have no idea how she survived!! (But from the girls teen perspective...most of the time you know that you're parents are right.) GOOD LUCK! I'll be there one day, probably sooner than I want.
I don't know how you feel yet, but working with a teenager at work who think they know it all. I thin to myself one day I am going to have to go through the same thing with Whitney. (AHHHH) I told mom the other day that I was really SORRY for being such a brat!!
You are well into the Teenlight Zone! Do do do do do, do do do do! Just remember how cute they were when they were little whenever you feel like strangling them! I hope they aren't too hard on you!
Post a Comment