I just HAVE to post this..because I have a 15 year old son who just adores his pet rats :) They do have names Nibbles and Cuddles :) On Thursday, the Momma Rat gave birth in the early morning hours (about 4am~I know cuz Ty came flying up the stairs and into my room and scared the living crap out of me to tell me) to 6 little tiny pink squiggily baby rats! Unfortunately one of them died soon after birth.
Ty is a proud rat poppa! He watches over them like a hawk...(well not like a hawk, cuz that is kinda creepy for rats)
It will be fun for him and the kids to watch them grow and develop :)
I never thought I would be a fan of rats...but they are good little pets! They are cheap! fun! easy to maintain! and you can even train them to do tricks!
(i am totally creeped out by the tails though...ewwww) Unless its a tiny baby one..you wont catch ME holding one!
Congrats to Tyson~Nibbles & Cuddles on your new additions!
Friday, December 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yeah... rats are for sewers and dumps if you ask me, but I love the idea of kids having their own pets. Sounds like Tyson is having some good experiences to learn from.
well that is exciting! I have to say that I will probably NEVER have a pet rat in my house, the tails are what gets me, yucky!!!!
Merry Christmas:)
Post a Comment