Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St.Patrick's Day!

On St Patricks Day...the kids woke up to a "pot of gold" and yummy golden candies!

We tried to catch a Leprechaun....but he got away! He knocked over our trap! Next year we are going to try a different kind of trap....a very very sneaky one! lol

Hannah and Porter are very proud of the Leprechaun Trap they helped to make :) It is made with colored paper, and an old Oatmeal container! We cut slits in the top of the hat and tempted our little green man with gold coins on top! We know how naughty they are...so we put a sign up that said "do not climb" .....he couldnt resist climbing now! lol That Leprechaun was full of mischief at our house....he turned our milk AND toilet water GREEN! He also ripped up our little signs!
We had a fun time making our "trap" and everyone wore green (except deric). We had green milk and Lucky Charms for breakfast.....and Enchiladas with green lettuce and green rice crispy treats for dessert~oh and sprite in green bottles~it was a LUCKY DAY! All decorated for St Patricks Day! This was the first year that we did ANYTHING besides wearing a little bit of green :) I am thinkin this is a tradition I would like to keep going :)
(besides...i was very LUCKY (okay~i was blessed~lol) to have the energy to do these fun things)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Looks like you did have a fun and lucky St. Paddy's Day! I love the Leperchaun trap idea... how fun!

Amie said...

WOW! Don't let my kids know that you did all of that stuff cause I don't want them to expect more that we already do! :) I bet that you guys had a blast!!!

pixiegirl said...

St. pactricks day was a blast!!!Good job for all you did mom love you!!!