I love my children..I have always loved children. I love the giggles, the babbling, the chubby little cheeks and buns, I love first year molars and soft baby hair. I love it when newborns stretch and stick out little bums, I love the sounds babies make when they are nursing, and the dozens of silly faces they make. I love the sweet smiles that finally reward a tired mom. I love the belly laughs that remind all of us to laugh out loud. I love the open mouth kisses that leave a slobbery spot on my cheek.
I love my children. They arent babies anymore. They can tell me in words that they love me now. Just today I read a sweet reminder about the many other ways they show me they love and appreciate me.
It made me rethink the moments when my children call "dibs" on sitting by me at dinner, when they pile on my bed to watch tv with me, when they call "shotgun" in the car. It put a new light on why they get ready in MY bathroom at the same time as I am trying to get ready, or why they sit on the stool and chat in the kitchen while I am cooking dinner. I am rethinking why they love to come in the store with me to buy a gallon of milk, why even the older kids lean on me during church meetings.
I had tears filling my eyes when I thought about things they DO for me to show me they love me. Porter is only 5, but is my little gentleman. He opens doors for me, he is the first to run out to the car to bring in groceries for me. He comes home often from playing outside to "check" on me. He lays by me and watches cartoons when he knows I cant do anything else. Porter loves to help with dishes, sweeping, folding towels and vacuuming. Hannah makes alot of love notes, loves to set the table, she has always been great to entertain Porter from day 1, and is getting really good at doing dishes! Mikayla is my cleaner/babysitter and loves to run into the store for me. She even washes my floors! Tyson is my muscle. He carries boxes, gets out holiday decorations, takes out the garbage, and rides his bike to school so I can sleep just a few more minutes.
These are just a few ways that I could think of that my children show love and thanks to me. I am looking forward to paying attention to the many other ways they will continue to show me how much they love me.
I feel so blessed to have 4 children. They are full of love, life, energy, intelligence, and curiosity (and occasionally some mischief-c'mon..they ARE kids)
I love being a Mom.

2 comments:
That was fun to read. It isn't always easy, but it is so fulfilling and rewarding.
Beautiful post, Karen. What wonderful kids you have, and what a wonderful momma they have!
Post a Comment