Monday, June 8, 2009

Burned OUT!!!

I am DONE...thats IT! I am throwin in the towel! I am officially burned out! At least that what I THINK my problem is.
So...if ya arent in the mood to read a vent-type post...stop reading right NOW. Thanks for stoppin by!
The rest of you brave (or just morbidly curious) souls....um...HI :)
I had a rough few days this week.....thanks to some people who say rude things without thinkin...and a girl who just cant get it through her head that I am better off NOT being her friend. (she sends these notes that are grrrr...infuriating/laughable...but that ruin my whole dang mood/day) and some issues with a family member or 3.
I am burned out with my house. I love a clean house. I DO! But if I clean my house I end up in bed the next day. I hate paying someone to come...but love the result. I am at the point where I am irritated when my doorbell rings cuz my house looks like crap. Cant I *PLEASE* just have the energy to CLEAN MY OWN DANG HOUSE???
Its depressing to have it in shambles. sniff sniff
I love being a Mom! LOVE SUMMER! We are "adjusting" to having the kids home 24/7.
But I feel like I dont get a moment to myself. I REALLY love them...I love doing things WITH them....we just need to adjust :)
I love my husband. I want to be the perfect wife. I want to be all ready and lovely when he comes home....with a beautiful clean house...and dinner all made for my hard workin man. I want to smother him with love....but I am feeling pretty rotten about the state of my house....and the lack of energy I have to CHANGE.
My yard looks like crap. I want a pretty yard...with beautiful flowers and nice landscaping. Instead I have a porch that is falling apart....toys strewn all over...an open garage door....and *BLUSH* dirty windows.
It used to not be this way. I used to have the energy to keep up on all this! I am having a pity party...cuz I SUCK.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

I think venting helps "let it out" and can really help you feel better. I think that one of the reasons we are counseled to keep a journal {blog} is to help sort out our feelings too.

I also want to come to your house and clean for you so you don't feel so flustered. I know that when my house is a mess I am witchy and overwhelmed. I try to tell myself it doesn't matter, I'll clean it and it will get messed up in five minutes, yet it still is something that I need: clean and orderly. Do you think too that while you feel crappy it seems like you ALWAYS do and it is harder to remember the times (even just a week ago in some cases) when you do feel good and when you can clean the house and make dinner and please your family? Even when I hurt or feel terrible, I still get up and get ready and tidy the house. It makes me feel better. With your back, I imagine that is impossible. I am glad you can call a cleaning crew to come in... you should't feel bad about that! As for the porch and garage, I know Derric is a handy guy, I'm sure if you ask him he'll make the repairs.

I really will come and help you, I will!

The Shelley Family said...

Thanks Shannon :) You are a sweetie! Thanks for reading and leaving your sweet thoughts :)
I usually have a good attitude...and love the stage of life I am in...I just get frustrated sometimes. I would absolutely DIE if u came and helped me...so please dont! lol
I would much rather hire it out...than put my lovely family through my mess. (less guilt)
I am glad u have the ambition to keep up on your house...and to get ready even when u are not well. That is incredible :)
I will pass it on to Deric that u have faith in him...lol...

Annie Jane said...

KAREN! I am sorry for you but I loved this post! I plan on reading it the next time I feel the exact same way...which will be, um...sooner that later!
Hang in there okay! Despite what you think of yourself lately, you've still totally got it together! You have FOUR BEAUTIFUL HAPPY KIDS!

Annie Jane said...

Oh AND you love your man dearly and are still a smart, funny, and gorgeous woman. Those things all count for a lot more than those stupid, idiotic, annoying, never-can-keep-up-with because you are doing better things with your life like taking your kids to UP, messes!

Bethie said...

Karen-
I am soooo glad that I am not the only one that feels this way!!!! 'hang in there.

Sara said...

I'm sorry. Sometimes life just sucks! I'd give you my own list of complaints but that wouldn't do either of us any good. Just remember, one day at a day, one room at a time. You don't have to "deep" clean everyday. Just pick things up.....Don't worry about "people who try to be your friend". Sometimes it's easier to just be nice and then walk away. (I could always use another friend so if you want to use me as an excuse you can.) I'll help you clean anytime. I love to clean/organize and I think once you have it all put together you can easily keep it together. I'm sorry that you feel so crapy. I have those days all the time and I want to just die. I hate "being depressed" because I want to believe that it's all in my head, even though sometimes I feel like it's real. I hate to cook! I can't help you with that one. I'm sorry. If you ever want to hang out, just call, you can even come to my house. 472-1222 (This was my longest comment ever. Sorry it's so random.)