It was time to get ready for school...and I told Hannah to get dressed, brush her teeth and then I would do her hair. She got up late (as usual) and insisted on having her hair straightened. I told her she didnt have enough time...and that if she wanted her hair straightened she had to get up earlier.
For about 10 minutes Hannah and I went back and forth about the hair thing (seriously it could have been DONE in that time) I was frustrated.....and so was she.
Then....Deric says in his big Daddy voice.....HANNAH GET READY FOR SCHOOL....and she DID IT! She got dressed, brushed her teeth and even had time to get her hair done.....
I asked in frustration why I can say the same thing that he just did.....but they LISTEN to him??
Deric said "Because MY bite is as bad as my bark....and YOU are like a little yappy dog"
Hmmm.....not sure how to take it....but I was crackin up....
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Mental note: Deric's bite is as bad as his bark... :)
I am dying laughing about that analogy! ...Because it is TRUE!!! For a lot of us parents, I think! Nice one, Deric!
How hilarious! (Ha ha ha.. my laughing is still going...). So that's the secret! And I'm always getting after Jeff for his bite and bark when I guess I should be working on my own!
That's funny, Karen.
Post a Comment