Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo

Porter takin a WHACK at the Pinata!

Porter was NOT happy that HE didnt break open the Pinata Jake....Tyson....Chase

Good Buddies....Checkin out the Loot

Allie..Hannah..Abbey
Each wearing part of the Pinata
These 3 can make ANYTHING darling!

Can u guess WHO broke the Pinata?
(hint......it was Hannah)


Everyone hurried to get a bunch of candy and tiny toys!



For the first time EVER in our little family, we tried to do SOMETHING fun for Cinco de Mayo! I grabbed a Pinata and some candy and stuffed that thing FULL! Tyson and his friends hung it up for me and we invited Amie and her kids over to join in the fun :)

As u can see...they had a BLAST (well...except for Porter in that ONE sad moment) and each of the kids got plenty of candy (i actually didnt hear ONE complaint!)

Next time we either need a weaker stick...or a stronger pinata so that ALL the kids get a turn!

For dinner I made some yummy Chicken Enchiladas...and 7 Layer Dip!

Happy Cinco de Mayo Everyone!

3 comments:

Cheri' said...

I love the idea. I agree, pinatas they never hold up long enough for everyone. I think I might have to try this next year. What kid doesn't love a pinata and who wants to wait to have one once a year at their birthday.

Amie said...

Thanks for having us over! It was a blast. I have obviously done so much for the holiday that the whole way over to your house I was trying my best to explain why we were going over and what "cinco de mayo" meant. You are such a fun mom and aunt!

The Shelley Family said...

To be honest this is the first year we have done anything for it...so dont feel bad Amie :) MY kids only know what it is from school.....
it was fun to do though! thanks for comin!