Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy 17th Anniversary! *July 10, 1992*



On this day 17 years ago...I married my best friend in the Manti Temple @ 9:30am :)

And 17 years later.....I am so glad I did! We love eachother deeply and truly understand what makes us happy....we have learned ALOT on this adventure together and I love my man!

I asked him what he loves about being married to ME..
and.....I cant repeat it. *blush*

I love being married to Deric because he is my best friend. We can talk about anything and everything! He loves me and doesnt try to change me (alright..he DOES try to change my budgeting skills) he compliments me sincerely and still finds me attractive! giggle


(trust me....after 17 years its nice to know that!)
We celebrated by going out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse...and I had a yummy steak dinner with a baked potatoe and shrimp...Deric had prime rib with veggies and a side salad :) We shared a cheesecake "on the house" and were told that we didnt look old enough to be married for 17 yrs :) Deric also brought me a dozen PERFECT red roses :) Soooo Sweet! And...AND...he paid for a housekeeper to come and clean the house for me! Thanks Babe!


I love u sweetie :) Its so crazy to think that 17 years ago he was 21..and I was 19!

In 17 MORE years he will be 55! I will be 53....oh my goodness!

(that is so wierd to think about....so I am just gonna STOP thinkin it)


I have a few ideas that I think help our relationship to be successful (and yes Deric agrees)

#1 I am his WIFE...not his Mother :) One mother is plenty for ANYONE...lol

#2 I support his hobbies (which includes NOT complaining when he wants to work on his derby car...go hunting....or whatever)

#3 I dont write *honey do lists*

I am certainly not perfect....but I love my man and I am looking forward to many more years with him :) Happy Anniversary Sweetie!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy 17th to a beautiful couple! I loved your very heart-felt, sweet tribute to your man. It's nice to know he returned the sentiments to you. How happy and wonderful!

Bethie said...

congratulations on 17 years!!!!! I really should listen and follow your list of Honey don'ts:)

Rands Family said...

That is great that you have been married for 17 years. Hope you have many more happy years together.