Monday, January 5, 2009

Why I Lost My Nomination for Mother of the Year

I seriously try to be a good mom....but somethings apparently slip through the cracks.....and here are just a few examples of why I won't be Mother of the Year :(

#1 My 4 year old called his 14 year old brother a "gay wad" last night
#2 I tell my kids to clean their rooms....and they say "But that's Wendy's job"
#3 They know when I am mad (while driving) that I didn't "just wave" at the other driver
#4 I have already wished each of my daughters to have a child JUST LIKE THEM...lol
#5 Bedtime is a "goal" not a time that the kids are actually IN bed

Enough said....I really could write a list of why I think I am a good Mom....but that is for another time and I have to think harder for that one :)

3 comments:

Bethie said...

you are a great mom!!!! I think EVERY mom does thing like that

Celeste said...

You know, I'm sure every mom thinks they aren't mother of the year. But, I'm sure you do things every day that your kids would secretly nominate you for :)

Shannon said...

Karen! I think those things on the list are just part of normal family life and they say nothing about your quality of parenting. Now... looking at your healthy, happy, beautiful children and reading about your experiences and relationships with them tell me that you are close to them, you teach them, care for them... and above all that you love them. Whoever said being "mom of the year" was about being perfect? As long as you are the mom of the hour (or minute or day) that is worth everything to your kids.

Just my opinion. You are a great mom and person. Love you!